Friday 27 August 2010

SCENT OF HARVEST





Postwoman has been ringing my doorbell with parcels this week. The first one came over the seas and oceans from Kerstin. Books and a soft treasure to keep company for my teapot. Thank you! Second one came from Sweden, a Finnish magazine Maalaisunelma (Nr 7 2010) featured my sprout paintings (1 & 2).

Balcony door stays closed, yellow leaves cannot be counted anymore. Birds are flying more, practicing for longer journeys. Singing of jackdaws is back, loving it as afternoon surprises. After summer´s bicycle trips, now walking is the nicest way to reach tea, markets, post office and this evening maybe a concert, the last outdoor movie and an exhibition. Clouds covering the sky, walking makes the world visible only piece by piece, more concentrated, more comforting.

Tomorrow a train trip to the strawberry fields. The season is over, but hopefully there are lingonberries in the forests around. Continuing to knit a huge pile of black wool, reading a book. But before that, an unfinished painting is waiting.

Forest scent weekend wishes to you, thank you for stopping by!

With paintbrush strokes,

Anna Emilia

(Photo in the third picture by Shari Altman.)

13 comments:

  1. All of this looks so beautiful. I'll have to order the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful package...your drawings a beautiful!
    Hope you find some berries :-)
    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! and such lovely words. have a nice weekend in the lingonberry woods :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that illustration of yours, congrats to you for having it published. What fun packages you have been receiving.

    You have such a lovely blog, I look forward to your posts as they always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love getting packages in the mail. And this one looks especially nice! Have fun at the strawberry fields...you seem to do such a good job of making time to appreciate nature. I'm hoping to do more of that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always so surprising to have the post officer deliver a sweet little package. You enJOY, Anna. Have a happy weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cover is wonderful. I was so excited to see you involved in this project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a joy to open this package! I wanted to be a letter carrier to bring time to time such happiness to people and treat me just their eyes when I reach the package!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Anke,

    Very happy to know that! There are beautiful writings in the book.

    Cat paws and her gentle snores from my cat to you and all the cats you have been drawing!

    ...

    Dear Char,

    Thank you!

    Today I am just about to go to see if there are any berries in the forest... But first lunch time!

    <3

    ...

    Dear Irene,

    Thank you!

    Still I am here, so the result about the treasure will be told a bit later on (:

    ...

    Dear Jacilyn,

    Thank you so much! I am very happy to have you here visiting!

    ...

    Dear Eva,

    Greetings from the strawberry fields, where it looks like autumn indeed. All the green color is starting to go hiding under earth, but it leaves some wonderful tones from yellows to reds on its way.

    Have a good day!

    ...

    Dear Saskia,

    Thank you, I wish you enjoyed yours too! Many greetings with some scents of gooseberries!

    ...

    Dear Denise,

    Thank you so much! Hopefully you are enjoying reading the book as much as I do!

    ...

    Dear Arrosoir,

    That would be lovely indeed - at least if someone would invite you for a tea in between (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful post.
    And the first item for my not yet existing christmas wishlist: that book is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sprout paintings are my all time favorites- they are magical. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Karin,

    Happy to hear that Christmas wish lists can already exist (:

    ...

    Dear Carolina,

    Thank you so much!

    ...

    Dear Sarah,

    It was a very happy surprise and not the only one I received with the same theme. Wishing that someone else also gets the joy.

    ReplyDelete